A CPD event for reflective supervisors in the Methodist Church in Great Britain.
In Supervision we have a space which can be normative, formative and restorative. This ‘three legged stool’ is at its best when the three elements are held in balance. For some supervision becomes a predominantly restorative space and issues of ministry that need normative exploration and formative input can be avoided or deprioritised.
In this module we consider how we as Supervisors can balance support and challenge within the supervision space. We consider
• What do we mean by ‘support’ and by ‘challenge’?
• What may be barriers to challenging as a Supervisor?
• What are the theological roots underpinning support and challenge?
• A model for challenging within supervision.
• The practical application of the ideas discussed.
Click here to book and for more information.
Here are more events.