The ADEA Office of Education Pathways serves as the gateway to dental education. We are an essential resource for students interested in the dental professions, students in dental education programs, counselors, health professions advisors, admissions officers, and dental educators. ADEA’s Office of Educational Pathways directs four centralized application services and administers several recruitment initiatives. The centralized application services are: ADEA AADSAS for students pursuing a doctorate (D.D.S. or D.M.D.) in dentistry; ADEA CAAPID for advanced placement predoctoral programs for dentists who have degrees earned outside the United States or Canada, ADEA DHCAS for students applying to dental hygiene programs and ADEA PASS for students pursuing advanced dental education.
More than 14,000 students and 500 dental education institutions annually rely on ADEA to provide uniform information about applicants in a standardized format. As well as health professions advisors and others who utilize ADEA GoDental for critical information to aid in advising applicants to ADEA AADSAS and ADEA DHCAS.
The ADEA Office of Educational Pathways student internship provides a unique opportunity to learn about ADEA application services, recruitment programs, other initiatives and contribute to ADEA GoDental, the website for individuals interested in dentistry and dental hygiene. This internship is designed to help students learn more about centralized application services and to engage in initiatives to increase interest in the dental professions.
The ADEA Educational Pathways student internship is a six-eight week stipend-supported internship working with staff in ADEA’s Office of Educational Pathways. The intern will be assigned to special projects. The internship is open to any predental/pre-hygiene or other health professions student who is interested in learning about and contributing to initiatives that benefit individuals who are interested in becoming members of the dental professions. The student intern will receive a $500/week to cover expenses for the period of the internship.
Eligibility and Requirements
An applicant must:
• Be a currently enrolled student interested in dentistry or dental hygiene or one of the health professions programs who can work independently in a remote environment between October-February (intern cannot be an applicant in the current application cycle for ADEA AADSAS, ADEA CAAPID or ADEA DHCAS).
• Be prepared to work approximately 20 hours/week.
• Have access to the internet and a personal computer.
Submit the following:
• A personal statement describing what the applicant hopes to achieve from the internship.
• A current resume/curriculum vitae.
• Two confidential letters of recommendation from academic instructors sent directly to Carolyn Booker, Ph.D. (email@example.com)
The application deadline is October 14, 2022.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions and applications should be submitted to:
Carolyn Booker, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)