Back to the calendar
Rally for a National Climate Action Plan (San Diego Climate Mobilization Coalition)
add to calendar
San Diegans who believe Climate Change is not a hoax will gather Tuesday, February 21st at 6 p.m. at the Federal Building. We will call upon the President, House and Senate to implement a National World War II-scale Mobilization to transition the U.S. from fossil fuels to renewable energy.
The theme of the rally will be “Climate Change is not a Hoax and Make Your Voice Heard.” The San Diego Climate Mobilization Coalition is part of the Climate Mobilization
, a nationwide climate advocacy and environmental action organization based in New York City.
Wesley Clark, Jr.
, Dakota Access Pipeline Activist and organizer of U.S. military veterans to support the
water protectors of Standing Rock, South Dakota.
, Executive Director, Environmental Health Coalition
, Chairman, San Diego Sierra Club
, Vice President, Impact Assessment
Call to Mobilize
1. Immediately commence a social and economic mobilization to restore a climate that is safe, stable, and supportive of human civilization.
2. Reduce our country’s net greenhouse gas emissions 100 percent by 2025
3. Enlist tens of millions of Americans in efforts to rapidly expand our carbon-neutral energy and agricultural systems, conduct groundbreaking research, and implement large-scale adaptation measures.
4. Conduct this mobilization in accordance with the Constitution and ensure that the essential needs of the civilian economy are met during this time of transition.
5. Establish the following imperatives as our nation’s top foreign policy priorities: A 100 percent reduction of global net greenhouse gas emissions at wartime speed, and the deployment of comprehensive measures that remove greenhouse gases from the atmosphere until a safe climate is restored.
Front St W Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
City of San Diego